Safeguarding and Promoting the Well-Being of Children
六合彩资料铁算盘 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all students regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background. The school provides a caring, positive safe and stimulating environment that promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Our school offers a warm and welcoming experience and we work tirelessly to ensure students are safe, happy and supported in achieving their potential.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
- Ms H Brown Interim DSL
- Mrs B Webster - Pastoral Behaviour Manager - Deputy DSL
- Mrs J O'Shaughnessy - Pastoral Behaviour Manager - Deputy DSL
Should you have a concern regarding the safety or well-being of any child, please contact us.
Reach Out - 六合彩资料铁算盘
Please click the button below to report anything you are worried about in school or out of school.
The information will be sent to an inbox which is checked once per day by one of our specially trained Designated Safeguarding Leads.
So we can respond appropriately, we will ask for some details, including your name. One of our Designated Safeguarding Leads may need to speak to you so we can help you with your concern.
Other Useful Websites and Information
Other Useful Websites and Information
- Whatever you are going through, call free any time, from any phone, on 116 123
- 0800 1111 support for children and young people in the UK, including free helpline and 1-2-1 online chats with counsellors.
- New dedicated NSPCC helpline 0800 136 663 This new helpline has been created to provide both children and adults who are potential victims of sexual abuse in schools with the appropriate support and advice. This includes how to contact the police and report crimes if they wish. The helpline will also provide support.
Child Sexual Exploitation
Drugs and alcohol
Female Genital Mutilation
International Child Abduction
- focusing on anti-abuse
Local Authority Safeguarding Information
- is an organisation that supports young people who are not coping with life. Contact 0800 068 4141 or text: 07860 039967. email firstname.lastname@example.org Opening hours 9am - 12pm every day.
- is the Campaign Against Living Miserably
- Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust: Mental Health Crisis Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 0800 953 0110. It is staffed by trained mental health professionals who are able to provide assessment and referrals to appropriate services ring it if you need to access services or for advice about someone who needs treatment/support. There is also a Wellbeing Helpline & Texting Service, available Monday to Friday 7pm – 11pm and Saturday to Sunday 12pm – Midnight staffed by volunteers and those with lived experience, that offers emotional support, ring if you want to chat about your mental health or are lonely. It can be contacted on 0800 915 4640
- - Understanding Young Minds (free online course)
- - a guide for parents and carers
Victim of a Crime
- When to call
- Victim Support
Advice for parents
- - provides support and guidance for parents from leading experts
The school participates in pan-Lancashire Operation Encompass to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in or witness to a domestic abuse, vulnerable child or missing incident.
Operation Encompass has been created to address such situations that create a safeguarding risk to young people. It is the implementation of key partnership working between the police and schools/colleges. The aim of sharing information with local schools/colleges is to allow 'Key Adults' the opportunity of engaging with the child and to provide access to support that allows them to remain in a safe but secure familiar environment.
Following the report of a domestic abuse, vulnerable child or missing incident, by 9 am on the next school or college day the school's Key Adult will be informed of the child or young person's involvement. This knowledge, given to educational establishment through Operation Encompass, allows the provision of immediate early intervention through silent or overt support dependent upon the needs and wishes of the child/young person.
The purpose and procedures in Operation Encompass have been shared with all parents and governors and is detailed as part o the school's Safeguarding Policy. Information shared with parents is available